Thursday, January 17, 2008

Deltoid sing along

One of the anonymice has composed a song for the Deltoid five, Tim Lambert, Robert, dsquared and the rest of the gang

You can learn the tune here. David, Munroe and friends make a guest appearance at about 1 minute in.

David Kane is my name and I wrote for the Harvard IQSS
Til Amy Perfors came
And shut me down at their behest.
It was in the Fall of 2006
I was hungry for a media fix.
On the right-wing blogs, my "fraud balloon" did swell
It was a time I remember oh so well.

Chorus
The night they shut old David Kane down
And the bells were ringing
The night they shut old David Kane down
And the people were singing, they went
La la la la la la, la la la la la la la la, la


Back with my wife in Harvard Square when one day she called to me
David, quick come see, there goes Roberts, E. Lees
Now I don't mind choppin' wood*
And I don't care if the money's no good
You take what you need and you keep the rest
But they should never have censored Harvard's very best

[chorus]

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Were you one of the muppets in the Chorus, Rabett?

JC

Horatio Algeranon said...

You left out an important part, Eli.

The footnote about kane's future career chopping wood if the epidemiological statistics thing doesn't work out.

I'm not sayin' it won't mind you (and I wish him all the best), but just that he might want to start sharpening his ax (and his splitting skills, too).

A sharp ax is always a good thing to have around, at any rate, especially at Harvard -- with those oak trees in Harvard Yard, ya know.

Anonymous said...

Never mind the Kane angle, that's one of the best Ghandi jokes I'd forgotten.

Cymraeg llygoden